PART A – Website Usage Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Oswaldtwistle Mills Shop Online website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any product information or delivery service meets your specific requirements.
- You acknowledge our copyright over the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and written content.
- You acknowledge that unauthorized use or infringement of that copyright may give rise for us to claim for damages against you.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of Oswaldtwistle Mills, are duly acknowledged.
- Use of this website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
PART B – Information about Oswaldtwistle Mills
This website is operated by Oswaldtwistle Mills Ltd, registered in England (Company Registration Number 2928759). Oswaldtwistle Mills makes every effort to adhere to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (formerly the Distance Selling Regulations 2000), the Electronic Commerce Regulations (ECRs) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECRs). If you have any questions or would like to know more about how we meet these regulations, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
PART C – Terms and Conditions of Sale
These Terms and Conditions act both to protect your consumer rights and those of Oswaldtwistle Mills as a company. Please read these Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully. By placing an order through the website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety, you must not order any product through the website.
Product and Service Descriptions
We have taken reasonable steps to ensure that all products have been fairly described and offered to you at a fair price inclusive of VAT. However, when ordering products through the website, please note that:
- orders will be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website.
- all prices are displayed in Pounds Sterling inclusive of UK VAT.
- time sensitive offers are valid once payment is confirmed.
- FREE Delivery (where offered) is conditional on UK mainland accessibility. If you are unsure, please confirm delivery costs by contacting us directly.
- the timescales for delivery vary across our product ranges – please see individual product listings for details
- the dimensions of our products are given as an approximation only.
- we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery – please use the images on our website as a guide only for the purpose of colour rendition.
- all items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the product(s) you have ordered are not available and offer a refund or an alternative product.
How to Order
Please add any goods you wish to order to your online basket by clicking “Add to Basket.” You are not committed to any purchase until you have confirmed your order and made payment in full, and even then you have a right to cancel. Once you have placed your order by going to the “Checkout,” and have checked and confirmed that the details of your order are correct, you must provide your customer details and authorise us to conduct the payment transaction from either your credit or debit card, or PayPal Account. You may only authorise payment from a card in your name.
If the goods you order are not available for any reason, we will inform you of the position by e-mail (at the email address provided with your order details). If the goods are temporarily out of stock, we will ask if you wish to wait for the goods to become available. If you do not, we will refund any money paid in respect of the unavailable goods.
Payment is processed when you place your order inclusive of VAT at the current rate. During the secure checkout process, you will be asked to complete your payment details. All fields indicated as compulsory (*) must be completed. All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer. For your peace of mind, the site uses a secure hosting service that implements secure sockets layer technology to protect your credit card information.
Acceptance of your Order
Soon after you complete the online checkout process, we will send you a confirmation email detailing you order and your right to cancel. Once it has been deemed that there are no material errors in the description of the goods ordered or their prices as advertised on this website, and it has been confirmed with our supplier that the items are still available and in stock, your Order will be classed as Accepted. We will never knowingly advertise a product which we know is unavailable.
Where Delivery is offered and/or paid for, goods you have ordered will be delivered direct to the address where your payment card/account is registered. Delivery Timescales are advised on a per product basis – please see individual product listings for information. Should you have any questions about an order you have placed with us, please contact us by email email@example.com or telephone 01254 871025.
Delivery and Click & Collect
Where offered, Delivery can be made across the UK mainland. In this instance, goods are despatched direct from our suppliers, and as such, we are unfortunately unable to offer combined postage where you order contains items from different suppliers (eg. Giftware and Garden Furniture). In this instance you will be charged a separate Delivery charge per supplier. If you live in a remote location, it is your responsibility to contact us to ensure delivery can be made to your specified address before you place an order.
Where offered, Click & Collect goods are not eligible for delivery and must instead be collected from Store (postcode: BB5 3DE). Some Click & Collect goods may be available for Local Delivery (within a 30-mile radius of our postcode). This is not guaranteed and is subject to availability – please call for details. Similarly, some of our deliverable goods may be available for in-store Collection – again, this is not guaranteed and is subject to availability – please call for details. Any goods received by Click & Collect from Store will be exempt from the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
Where offered, FREE delivery is available to most locations across the UK mainland excluding certain parts of Scotland. For further information or advice, please contact us before you place an order.
PART D – Cancellation and Returns
If you are a UK/EU consumer, you have the legal right, under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (formerly the Distance Selling Regulations 2000), to cancel your order within fourteen days following the receipt of your order. By law, Oswaldtwistle Mills will process your refund as soon as possible and within 30 days at the latest in accordance with your legal rights.
If you wish to cancel a product you have ordered from us, please be aware of the following scenarios and the terms that apply:
- I want to cancel the order prior to dispatch: By law you are permitted to cancel your order prior to dispatch. Please contact Oswaldtwistle Mills as soon as possible. In this instance you will usually be entitled to a full refund of the item value and delivery charge.
- I want to cancel a custom-made order: Unfortunately, by nature of the product being made to your specified requirements and tastes, we cannot offer refunds on these items.
- I want to return damaged or incorrectly supplied products: If the products you receive are damaged or incorrectly supplied on delivery, you should notify Oswaldtwistle Mills within 24 hours of their delivery. We will then arrange for the goods to be returned and a replacement or refund will be offered at our discretion.
- I have changed my mind on products I’ve received: If you wish to cancel products that are not damaged or incorrectly supplied, you may return the item(s) to us within 14 days of receiving them in accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations. The item(s) must be in their original new and unused condition, and in their original, undamaged packaging. You will be responsible for the organization and cost of the return delivery and for the safety of the item(s) until we receive them. We advise you to package the item(s) adequately for safe transit and to acquire a proof of posting. Once we have received the returned item(s) we will issue a full refund of the purchase price within 30 days via the original method of payment. Unfortunately we will not be able to refund the original delivery charge. While you are entitled to a refund, this will only be given if you fulfil your obligations as set out here and in the following section “Customer Organised Returns.”
- Goods received by Click & Collect from Store will fall under our in-store Returns policy and not the conditions set out here. Click & Collect goods are exempt from the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
Customer Organised Returns
If you have changed your mind and wish to return any products to us, please be advised that you have a statutory duty to take reasonable care of the products that you are returning. We reserve the right to bring action against you in the event you breach this statutory duty. This will be reviewed on a case by case basis but examples include:
- Returned products are damaged in transit: If products on return are lost or damaged in transit, we reserve the right to seek direct costs from you.
- Returned products are not suitable for resale: On receipt of the returned goods, Oswaldtwistle Mills will inspect and assess the suitability of products for re-sale and we reserve the right to seek payment for the direct cost should you have been negligent in your duty to care.
Please note, Oswaldtwistle Mills will not be responsible for any loss or damage to items being returned caused in transit and, for this reason, we recommend that you use an appropriate recorded delivery service with appropriate insurance.
If you cancel your order in any of the circumstances set out above, we will refund any money paid by you as soon as possible but within 30 days. Products that have been delivered to you must be returned to us. If you do not, we will not be able to refund you.
In the case you receive damaged or incorrectly supplied goods, we may offer you a replacement product or substitute of equal or higher value. In the event you are not happy with the substitute, you are still within your rights to request a refund.
Any refunds given by us will be made via the original method of payment used to place your order as soon as possible but within 30 days.
PART E – Complaints
If for any reason you wish to lodge a complaint, please call us and follow this up by email or letter using the address in the footer of this website. We will endeavour to acknowledge your complaint within three working days and respond within 30 days. Please mark your correspondence ‘Complaint’.