Reopening of Oswaldtwistle Mills – Monday 15th June 9:30am.
We are delighted to announce that we will be reopening our shopping village on Monday 15th June in line with latest government guidance.
We have been working hard behind the scenes to introduce a number of new safety measures to protect our customers and staff. All off our staff have been fully inducted on the new guidelines for Covid-19 Health and Safety
Each customer will be greeted at the entrance and they will be asked to sanitise their hands and given advice on the best way to navigate the store. We will also be managing numbers of customers in store to allow for safe social distancing while shopping.
If a basket or trolley is required, this will be pre sanitised on entry and sanitised by our staff after each use.
We have devised a new one-way flowing system around the store to ensure social distancing. Clear signage and floor markings have been put in place to further assist social distancing with a clear queuing procedure
All till points have installed protective screens to protect our customers and staff and will only be taking card transactions at this point in time.
Please be kind to our colleagues and customers. We’ve never done this before. We hope you all understand these guidelines are essential in the current environment and you can be assured our friendly team will help you as much as possible.
We will be open 9.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday.
Bubbles Play Centre and the mill grounds are currently closed following Government advice but we re-opening as soon as possible.
The Terrace Tea Room and The Pavillion are now open with covid secure measures in place. Stockley’s Sweet Shop is also serving take away ice cream.
We will also be continuing to run our contactless purchasing and store collection service through our online Facebook promotions.
We have lots of new and interesting stock for you to see and look forward to welcoming you back to the Mill.
Customer orders due in – Some of our suppliers and manufacturers have now returned with most planning to be by the end of May. As such we are regularly liaising with them with updates on orders that have been delayed due to the Lockdown. We will endeavour to update customers on revised lead times as soon as we have information back into us. Please bear in mind it will take manufacturers a short time to get their processes back up and running until they are running smoothly. Our warehouse facility is able to take deliveries safely should they be available.
Free Local deliveries & Delivery Protocols. We offer a contactless delivery to the room of your choice. We have done extensive research to ensure this service follows strict safety rules. For your peace of mind, our delivery teams observe strict social distancing. This includes working in fixed pairs within the same van. They also wear face masks, protective gloves and shoe coverings, use hand sanitiser before and after every delivery, and have their temperature taken in the mornings before starting work. The vans are thoroughly cleaned at the beginning of the day & the end of the day, with regular sanitised wipe downs inside the cab throughout their shift.
Our stocks will soon be promoted via Facebook and should any customers like to purchase and receive a free local delivery please direct message us through Facebook and we will reply as soon as possible to organise remote payment and delivery details. For further afield deliveries there will be a small delivery charge and we can also arrange a 3rd party carrier delivery through DPD (additional charges may apply).
What we need our customers to do to make our drivers and yourselves safe.
Nobody in your house should have symptoms of COVID-19, (symptoms are listed on the government website) Be self-isolating or have been contacted by the NHS Test & Trace team to isolate. If this changes between booking your delivery & receiving your delivery, you must contact our store immediately to inform us. Alternatively contact our warehouse team Monday to Friday on 01254 875238.
- We will need the room of your choice to be cleared of your old furniture, ready for us to position your new furniture. We unfortunately will not be able to move old furniture for you.
- We ask that 1 hour before delivery you open the windows in the room of your choice where the furniture will be positioned, and all the windows on route to the room.
- Our team will call 20 minutes before your delivery to check that you are ready for their arrival. Our team will need to work quickly to ensure the time spent in your house is minimal.
- We require the household to wait outside the house, or on another floor whilst the delivery takes place.
- At this time, we will not be able to take away any old furniture or packaging from your new furniture. We can take away your packaging if we do a doorstep delivery.
- We recommend you sanitise all areas where our team has been in your home, after completion of your delivery.
- If our team feels that their safety is compromised, they do have the right to refuse your delivery and we can discuss an alternative date with you.
- In these challenging times, we would like to thank you for your cooperation in making our team and yourselves safe whilst delivering inside your home.
Click & Collect. Should customers prefer or wish to collect goods they wish to purchase online through Facebook they can do this directly from a safe external point from our warehouse or store. We can also make safe arrangements on set times for this to happen.
Personal Sales Consultations/ Virtual Tours. Should customers wish to have a detailed sales discussion with a member of the sales team and incorporate a virtual product tour of stock items we hold on the shop floor this can also be arrange at a set time. Please email email@example.com or call 70808 897526
Best Regards The Oswaldtwistle Mills Team