H&L Sales Assistant
As a Home & Lifestyle Sales Assistant you assist customers with purchases, actively approaching customers and encouraging customer engagement and exceptional service. Assisting the management team in having a well organised, stocked and clean department. Below are your duties
- You will deliver exceptional Customer Service, approaching every customer in your department and encourage the rest of the team to approach customers to offer help and assistance. Customers are prioritised over tasks.
- Exceeding or meeting KPI’s or personal targets as set out by the management team
- Develop an understanding of product knowledge of every item in stock in your department. Ensure this information is cascaded to all sales staff who work in your department.
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure all POS is current and professionally displayed, maintaining high standards, i.e. no Sellotape is used.
- Be aware of sales on a daily/weekly basis to ensure they are in line with targets, addressing products not performing and communicating this information to other staff. Monitor, identify and promote slow selling lines to maximise sales potential. Liaising with management how we can turnover stock.
- Follow and be aware of current trends concerning home interiors and design. Pass your ideas on to management.
- Ensure that Brand standards are maintained at all times, including POS and & third parties (deliveries).
- Preparing quotes/invoices for customers.
- Organising delivery of stock to customers and keep customers informed of any delays/delivery dates etc.
- Contributing to any project works, i.e. remerchandising of the department.
- End of day reports on the sales activity / operations of the department.
- Providing feedback to management on any products customers enquire about that we don’t stock.
- Respond to customer complaints and comments promptly and in a professional manner, using your customer feedback log.
- Loading bay to be kept tidy and organised at all times. Sprinkler system is not covered, nothing to be stored around the boiler, all rubbish/cardboard to be removed at the end of the day.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety/housekeeping. Report any H&S or security issues immediately.
- Have a good understanding of the signals of potential shoplifters reading the Loss Prevention leaflet attached. Notifying Security of any suspicious behaviour.
- Work alongside the Garden Centre team ensuring a team ethos is constant through the whole room, not individual departments.
- Participate and embrace all training opportunities presented by the company.
- Ensure all GDPR procedures are followed including our Clear Desk Policy and Privacy Notice.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Action any other ‘reasonable’ duties required by management.
Email a CV and covering letter to Diane Calvert, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org